Monday, March 21, 2011

Design Week on DrBCulp.com

I love to decorate homes. If I had more free time, I'd spend it all dreaming of ways to decorate. Thank you Mom for the decorating/project gene. Too bad she didn't pass along the patience gene as well. While I very much enjoy designing spaces, I really don't enjoy the actual process, at all. According to my contractors, this is a pretty normal trait. However, I think I take it to a whole new level. Not that I'm proud of this by any means! I just don't have enough patience to make it through major remodeling projects. Although I have to say, I think a lot of that lack of patience stems from surgical residency schedules. I'm not at home (in what should be a peaceful, quiet environment) enough to handle it being a mess when I'm here. That's why I hire help for cleaning the house, I want to come home to something clean and put together. I don't want to feel like there's more work or less relaxation waiting for me at home.

With that said, my BIG remodeling project is finished, finito! Finally! However, lucky readers, you'll have to wait until the end of the week to see it's fabulous results. In light of the rest of the remodeling being almost complete as well, I thought I'd start off with just a small glimpse of what I've done to my fabulous Oak Lawn townhouse.

Enjoy! More of the remodeling/redecorating I've done will be the subject of all my blog posts this week. Comment as much as you wish!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by CGM