Sunday, October 23, 2011

Could I Make the Move?

I'll admit. When I travel, I often come home thinking "I could live there. Forever." But no where does that really feel more true than when I visit the northeastern coast and New England. So where am I headed when residency is over? These days, I'm looking to call New England home. My biggest problem is figuring out WHERE. New England isn't easy, and leaving Texas isn't either.


Yes, it's colder than Texas. I'm welcome to that change after this year's miserable summer. 

New England's cost of living is much higher than here in Texas, even Dallas. 

Besides Boston, New England proper doesn't have a lot of really BIG cities. 

New England has a lot of medium sized cities and thousands of small towns.

I have no clue what hospital does what, where, etc.

I have no clue what it's like to commute up there or even if it's worth commuting.

What I do know is that I love the architecture, the weather for 9 months a year, most of the people, and overall sense of infatuation I have when I'm there.

So, New England show me what you've got. Over the next week, I'm going to examine some of my top prospects for the next step. Feel free to chime in!

Also, if you have advice for moving to the Northeast, it's much appreciated.

1 comment:

  1. Mountain Hardware is better than Northface! Invest in a down jacket and you'll be alright. Unfortunately, there are never snow days for hospitals though.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by CGM