The Living Room
I finally finished the super awkward wall. My favorite thing is that is awesome "Antiques" sign. It was perfect size, color, everything! My mantle was handmade by a lady in Oregon. I bought it on Etsy. You can find an affordable one just like it here: http://www.etsy.com/listing/57635538/one-of-a-kind-distressed-mantel-shelf.
The office and the dining room (and the pet room) french doors got new shades. Hopefully they prove to be a good investment when this summer's electricity bills arrive!
The Dog Room
I moved out of the storage unit and found some old pictures that I wanted to add to the walls. Next: replacing those already dingy bed linens/pillows (thanks pups!).
The Entry Stairwell
I put together this fabulous (if I do say so, myself) memory/gallery wall. I love every piece! Including:
- A cute little sign that says "When life hands you lemons, make lemon bars." Found at Uptown Country Home.
- Sea glass bottle from World Market.
- My favorite picture of Brewster.
- A picture of the Eiffel Tower that I took in the spring of 2009.
- A black plaque with a glazed chandelier.
- Three of my favorite pictures of me: Northern Ireland in 2009, a photo shoot in 2009, and from New England last November.
- Bee print I also found on Etsy. The best part is that it also has two greyhounds on it!
- The large print in the middle that I found at Garden Ridge. I'd LOVE to have a group of girls to watch a sailing competition with/live close enough to the beach to do so.
- Photo of the Louvre (taken by me from a Seine Riverboat tour)...my favorite thing in Paris.
- Photo of the trees, taken by me, in the Newport, RI taken last November.
- Photo of the Acropolis from spring of 2009.
- Photo of the beach in Crete in spring of 2009.
- Couture print that I can't ever resist, the beach and black and white and 50s/early 60s style--all of my faves in one print.
- Photo taken at the Campgrounds in Martha's Vineyard.
- Argyle plaque that I've had since I lived in Amarillo.
- A small bulletin board with small cards that I like to change out depending on my mood.
- Letter "B" times two.
- An old cathedral shaped mirror that I've had since I was in college.